tears of joy, tears of grief

Life is unpredictable.

I never know when the tears will start.

A picture of newborn Ellie Joy set off the waterworks today.

She is a beautiful gift that many of us have been waiting for.

I remember the evening last summer when her mama and sister stopped by the house to tell Bill and I she was expecting. 

Such an unexpected blessing-for us to be trusted with the news and for her family to know another member was being added.

Her mama has been a part of my life since we moved here in 1988.
I love Amy. I love her family. 

Amy babysat our kids when she was a teenager.
We have shared tears.
We have shared laughter.
We have shared prayers.
We have shared sarcasm.
We have shared afternoons.
Amy babysat me a few years ago after I had surgery.

Bill and I were excited that Ellie Joy was coming. 
He and I would have gone to the hospital this evening to see her.

I love Ellie Joy, I love her family,
but I will wait to meet her-I can't go to the hospital.

It is the last place I went with Bill.

It is the first place I came home from as a widow.

Tears of joy over her safe arrival have mingled with tears of grief today.

Sometimes life is like that.

Comments

  1. yes it is-sometimes life is just like that, and it's ok. I am praying....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts