love's gonna cost you

A year ago I wrote a blog post about tear triggers,
here is an excerpt:
"I think I have it figured out.
Love is the trigger.
Loving deeply is what makes life worth living.
Anything worth loving makes its loss worth mourning.
I would rather love deeply and mourn deeply than live in the shallows."
This year I am confident I have it figured it.
Love IS the trigger.
Loving deeply IS what makes life worth living.
And I would still rather love lavishly and deeply,
opening myself up to mourning deeply
and keeping Kleenex in business
than live in the shallows,
trying to protect my heart.

" A new commandment I give to you,
that you love one another:
just as I have loved you,
you also are to love one another.
By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another."
Jesus' words in John 13:34-35

Comments

Popular Posts