Are You Here?


February
Valentine's Day
thoughts of "love"
this month's sermons have focused on loving-
in our homes, in our workplace, etc.

"You are here" was today's focal point
challenging us to be present
to open our eyes and ears where we are
to the people we are surrounded by
because we are where we are

it may not be where we want to be
it may not be where we are going to be
but it is our reality 
and this place, wherever it is right now
is our place to minister and to love

it is entirely possible to physically be somewhere
without really being there at all
we've all done it-
nodded our head as someone talks to us
but we are miles away

I am convicted
I am reminded
we are not guaranteed one more minute beyond the one we are in
I want to make the most of the moments God gives me
I am newly resolved to be where I am 

I don't want to waste here 
I don't want to squander now
I want to be fully present
I want to be aware of the people I am with
"I am here", fleshed out, without a word spoken, are powerful words to hear 


"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.  So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." 
Galatians 6:9-10

Comments

Popular Posts