Imago Life


Three weeks ago I wrote and compared my feelings to parts of the life cycle of a butterfly. That Tuesday I felt like a caterpillar, inching my way along through the day. The next day I was like a butterfly, suffocating in it's cocoon, needing to get out of my house. I just couldn't be here, so I broke out.

Part of it was nerves. It was Feb. 1, the eve of the beginning of the end. Hardwood was going to start being laid Thursday morning. There was something in my stomach doing weird kamikaze dives. I ended that post wondering "aloud" how I would feel the next day.

Sarah, the younger of my eldest, sent me a text after she read my blog. Tears. Her text was too long to screenshot in it's entirety-it began with a red heart emoticon followed by "I love it and love what this says about...


She finished with "it's okay to be tired..." and that has helped carry me through this last stage of the home project. It has been three weeks. The guys are almost done. (Previous commitments and family responsibilities in addition to extra work they ended up having to do to my floors to do this job right has stretched it out a little longer timewise than we originally anticipated, but I am okay with that. They are doing a great job and I am comfortable having them here.) 

Physically. Emotionally. Mentally. Some nights I am very tired. But my soul is rested. My spirit is well. And I see a time of rest on the near horizon.

I have even had thoughts of how wonderful it will be to start flying...
imago life...
I'm a go live life...

Comments

Popular Posts