anger

"Be angry and do not sin; ..."
From Ephesians 4:26.
These were some of the first words on my mind this morning when I woke up.
What sweet relief it is to know that God is okay with me being angry.

I need to be on guard that I do not allow seeds of
guilt
doubt
bitterness
frustration
to take root and grow.

It isn't that I am always angry, but there are flashes.

Anger.
 
Hot.
Deep.
Real.

Not at God,
but at sin
at Satan.
God's original plan did not include physical death.
Satan and sin made death part of life.
That is what makes me angry.


I have to hold fast to the Truth of God's word-

I am thankful to be living Ephesians 3:16-20

"according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power

through His Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

 

I am experiencing the riches of His glory
I am being strengthened
 
through His Spirit in my inner being
Christ is dwelling in my heart (and filling me with His peace)

My faith in the One who created me is stronger than it has ever been
I am rooted and grounded because I have no doubt that He loves me-

and I am experiencing a new strength of comprehension

to know His love in
breadth
length
height and
depth

.....and  His love is indescribably powerful.
I am experiencing His ability to do far more abundantly all that I ask
(what I dare to think I have a "right" to ask for)
far more abundantly than what I think
(what I dream about asking if I had the courage)
I am experiencing His power at work within me.
And I pray that ALL glory flow to Him.

Comments

Popular Posts