It's a beautiful life

Forty one years ago 
my friend Donna invited me to spend the weekend with her.

Her sister got married on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning we went to church.

It was a life changing event.

We sat in the back row.

The door opened and I looked over-

WOW!

"Who is that?" I asked

"That is Bill Bondurant. 
He is in college. 
He doesn't date anyone here, just forget him."

"He is much too fine to forget" was my thought.

That was the beginning of my regular church attendance.
I wish I could say it was because of my desire to know more about God.
Truth is, I went desiring to know more about Bill.

Some may say I stalked him.
I didn't.
I just waited outside the sanctuary, 
week after week, 
hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

Three years later he asked me out.
I never dated anyone else after that.
The rest is history.

Donna saw my mom the other day.
She called tonight to say she was sorry.
We spoke for only a minute or so.
I told her I would be calling her back,
I ended by saying 
"Thank you for introducing me to a beautiful life."

I miss my husband.
Deeply.
I am thankful for the beautiful life we shared.

I am more thankful for the beautiful life 
Bill introduced me to as he lived out his faith 
and made me hungry to develop my own relationship 
with God.

It is a beautiful life.


Comments

Popular Posts