Blessed

I am convinced that our understanding of who God is
and our relationship with Him
directs how we view and respond to life.

God is my Father.
I do not view Him through the lens colored by my experiences with my earthly father.
My view of Father God is based on study of what the Bible teaches about Him.
 
Following is part of who I know God to be,
part of who I have experienced Him to be:

God is Love.
I John 4:8
"The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
 
God is Good.
God is my Refuge.
"O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"
 
God is Gracious.
God is Righteous.
God is Compassionate.
Psalm 116:5
 "Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate."

God is my Hope.
God is my Rock.
God is my Salvation.
God is my Stronghold.
Psalm 62:5-6
"My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken."

God is Faithful
God has called me into fellowship with Him.
1 Corinthians 1:9
"God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
 
God is the Father of mercies
God comforts us
God has designed us to comfort one another
Our comfort, in Christ is abundant.
2 Corinthians 1: 3-5
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ."

I do not know where the road of life will take me.
I do know and trust God my Father.
That is enough.


10,000 Reasons
Matt Redman

Comments

Popular Posts