Time and truth

I woke up this morning and cried.
I am confident that is going to happen frequently.
And not just in the mornings.
I am okay with that.
Death changes life.
It allowed Bill to begin truly living.
It has allowed me to begin expressing tears/grief  even publicly.

As I ponder words I heard yesterday that were used in connection with my husband
I am reminded of something that should be obvious.
The problem with "obvious"
is that often we don't take time to think about it.

The way we live
is the way we will be remembered
when we die.

I am thankful to have walked by Bill's side for 38 years.
I am thankful for his leadership.
I am thankful for his legacy.

Some of the words I heard repeatedly:
love
joy
kind
good
faithful
gentle
encourager


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

Bill belonged to Christ.

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another."
Galatians 5:22-26

One of Bill's favorite sayings was
"Time and truth walk hand in hand."

Bill's life bore evidence of his walk with Christ,
of his desire to walk in the power of God's Spirit.

 
 

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts