doing what needs to be done

life is a journey

the only way to move forward is to do what needs to be done
  • sometimes it is easy
  • sometimes it is hard work
  • sometimes waiting is the only way to move forward

doing what needs to be done is not a new thing for me

I was the oldest of four children and the oldest grandchild
  • responsible
  • independent 
  • second mom

when I married, adjusting to not being in charge took time

but I did what needed to be done and I learned
  • shared responsibility
  • submission
  • to trust and lean on someone else's strength

for the first time in my life I am responsible only for myself

and I am learning to do what needs to be done
  • being responsible for my jobs and some that were Bill's
  • choosing courage or a life of cowering, held hostage by fear
  • trusting God to provide however, whenever He wants to

I have been longing for a safe hug. It's an awkward thing to ask for. When I went to the cafe for dinner tonight one of my boys left his table full of friends to come and wrap me in a huge hug. As he held me tight and my head rested on his chest I heard his heart beat. There was healing in that hug. I heard God speak words of love and assurance. "I will do what needs to be done. Keep trusting Me."

Comments

Popular Posts