Mia Rose


It was time.
She wasn't due until next week,
but today was her time.

Miss Mia Rose
 arrived safely this afternoon,
Friday November 20 at 4:04 pm.

A little bitty thing,
(for our family)
she weighed 8lbs. 5oz. and is 20 1/2 inches.

Mia Rose is Ruth's second child,
my eleventh grand daughter,
my fourteenth grand child.

Memories, conflicting thoughts,
and a wide array of emotions
have rocked me today.

I prayed for a safe delivery,
but am well aware that there are no guarantees,
so I also prayed we would be prepared for whatever happened.

Mia and Ruth labored hard and well.
From womb to this world may be only inches,
but is a long, arduous journey.

I left the hospital after nine this evening.
Momma, baby and daddy were all doing well.
Big brother will meet her in the morning.

I end this Friday focused 
on being grateful and thankful,
and filled with joy for the blessing of this new life.

Comments

Popular Posts