a little post about my big brother, Ron Lindeman 294/366

I was raised with three younger brothers

I always wanted an older brother

when we moved to Grayson in 1988 God gave me one in Ron Lindeman

a man 

who loves the Lord

who loves his wife

who loves his children

who loves his in-laws 

who loves his grandchildren

who loves his extended family

who loves his friends like they are family

who is loyal

who is hardworking

who is honest

who serves joyfully

who maintains his integrity

who takes great pleasure in sharing the gospel with those who don't know Jesus

whose greatest desire is to be with Jesus- 

this kind of man is rare 


today his faith become sight


and those of us left behind weep and mourn,

not as those who have no hope,

but still with many tears 

and much pain 

and deep sorrow 

and disbelief that his death on earth is real 

while having joy and peace mixed in with all of those feelings 

because we know he is whole:

no more prosthetic, 

no more pain, 

no more suffering,


since I got the call that you went to heaven this morning 

I keep hearing a whisper, a stirring, in my heart

loud and clear even through the tears and grief,

"hey sis, I love ya, everything's ok, I'm great!"

we are all going to miss you big, brother

I'm so thankful God put you and Anita in my life

Anita, 

I love you sweet sister, 

and I'm sorry this is something new we share

Comments

Popular Posts