old and new friends 304/366


tonight I am sitting in the home of new friends with an old friend
Anita and I've been treated to a delicious dinner by Amy and her husband Chris,
enjoyed a driving tour of downtown Indianapolis 
and watched two Christmas movies 
my treasure chest of memories just keeps getting more and more full

they are part of a group who've been friends for years
and the group decided to adopt me 
they've made it easy to feel like I belong, that I have a place amongst them
there's a trip to the Smokies planned in a few weeks and I'm invited
I can only imagine the shenanigans and laughs and giggles and fun to be had

I'm going to try and behave myself 
(or not, as the situation demands)
I'd love to keep hanging out with them


I feel like this could easily be their group anthem:
"Make new friends,
But keep the old.
One is silver,
And the other, gold.
A circle's round
It has no end
That's how long
I'm gonna be your friend..."

Comments

Popular Posts