slow down, pay attention 274/366



Last weekend when I went to the grocery store I saw that Breyers makes a Heath Bar flavor. "With real chunks of Heath Bars" which is one of my favorite candy bars. Breyers is one of my favorite ice cream brands. What could be better than a marriage of the two? I bought a container. My expectations were high. 

I eagerly dished myself up a small bowl that evening after supper. It wasn't quite what I'd hyped it up to be. But it wasn't so bad that I was willing to toss it in the trash. Wednesday night, after working hard all day, (almost 21,000 steps) I got some ice cream and sat on the couch to enjoy it. About halfway through I realized I hadn't fed the dogs. And that I'd used the last of the food in the crocks I keep it in which meant I was going to have to wrestle the spare 50 pound bag out of the trash can I've been storing it in, onto the porch and into the storage crocks. 

After that chore I decided I deserved another small bowl of Heath Bar ice cream. I sat back down on the couch and noticed a dark bit of something wet on on my jeans. It had to be a bit of the heath bar from the ice cream, there was even a small, one inch long trail where the icecream had melted and left just the toffee piece. I debated-should I or shouldn't I take my pointer finger and nab that delicious bit. Before I could come to a conclusion it moved.

It wasn't Heath Bar anything-the dark spot was a tiny, baby slug that must have been on the bottom of the dog food bag or the side of the trash can and the trail was slug slime. Yuck. I despise slugs. It makes my stomach hurt even now to think about how close I came to disaster. 

Lessons learned:

stick with vanilla or fruit flavored Breyers

sometimes I have unrealistic expectations

read carefully; Heath toffee pieces are not Heath Bar chunks

taking your time to make a decision can avert disaster



Comments

Popular Posts