trees and growth 297/366

 

doesn't look like much at first glance,
but there is so much going on
a man, whose knee you can see at the right of the trunk
working to carve something "lasting" in what's left of God's creation
a little bit at a time
hidden from public view
to be revealed when it's done

a tree, 
which was stripped of its stately bearing early this summer by man,
working hard to continue to grow as God has created it to do
a little at a time,
never giving up...

I am like that tree and regardless of what life throws at me or "takes" from me,
I want to continue to show signs of life and growth and change,
I never want to refuse to allow God 
to chip and whittle away the parts that don't belong 
I want to reflect something of lasting beauty
and that can only happen when I allow God, the Master artist, to have His way in me
while also doing what I know He has designed me to do 


"Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither..."
Psalm 1:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts