strong, independent women and their influence


My mom is one of the strongest women I know. Life has not dealt her an easy hand, and yet she has always played the cards she's given.

She is outspoken.
She is independent. 
She knows how to improvise. 
She has worked hard all of her life. 
She loves Jesus and she loves her family. 

I have learned a lot from her. Like how to make do with what you have. How to have fun on a shoestring budget. How to make flashcards to teach your children phonics. How to be willing to try new things. How important it is to not ignore conflict and that how you deal with conflict is crucial to building and maintaining healthy relationships. I learned that it's okay to make different choices than your parents made. I learned how to love my children and grandchildren. I learned it's never too late to pursue a dream. I learned that life isn't fair but that's no excuse to quit or to blame someone else for my decisions. I've learned how mercy and grace and forgiveness and love work in real life. 

Thank you mom. Your influence in my life is huge. 

Comments

Popular Posts