grief is

grief-
is personal
is universal
is powerful
is hard work

grief-
mocks me
with the "threat" of tears
with temporary doubts and anxieties 
with moments of overwhelming sadness 

grief-
stretches me
as I seek comfort while in pain
as I find supernatural peace in the midst of storms
as I share the source of my comfort and peace with others

grief-
reminds me
of what really matters
of where my strength comes from
of the importance of living with eternity in mind

grief-
doesn't intimidate me anymore
has opened my eyes to see others who are hurting
has deepened my commitment to community living
has allowed me to see clearly the need to live with purpose

grief-
is part of life
can be crippling
can imprison us if we let it
can set us free to grow and mature in Christ-likeness

Comments

Popular Posts