what's next?

As I listened to a recent KCU graduate talk today 
about being in the awkward place of trying to figure out
 "what's next"
I realized how much we have in common, 
even though our lives are very different.

He is, or rather, he was a Student.
That is has been his primary "job" for most of his life.
Some decisions needed to be made, but life has been structured.
Most choices were limited, 
guided by the requirements he needed fulfill in order to graduate.

I am, or rather, I was Bill's wife.
That was my primary "job" more than twice as long as it was not.
I did have to make some decisions, but my life was fairly structured,
most choices were limited 
due to the responsibilities I had to fulfill as a wife and mother.

Now it is time for him, for me, to consider "the rest" of our lives.
What's next? 
For now, I am right where I need to be.
I am enjoying the work God has called me to do.
But I know that the boundaries for ministry have expanded.

To be honest, it scares me spit-less sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts