extremes 240/366

so much is going on in our world,
from one extreme to the other,
that this verse keeps coming to mind:

Rejoice with those who rejoice.
Weep with those who weep.
Romans 12:15



sympathy
empathy
What is the difference?
one is "casual" even if it is felt deeply
one is "intimate" even if it is felt slightly

sympathy: refers to the ability to take part in someone else's feelings, mostly by feeling sorrowful about their misfortune.

empathy: is a term we use for the ability to understand other people's feelings as if we were having them ourselves.

possible examples:
"I'm sorry your shoes are too small and pinch your feet."
"Let's trade shoes, the ones I have on are more your size."

I wonder if Jesus is looking for more people willing to empathize...

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

Comments

Popular Posts