faith doesn't have to be perfect to be whole 223/366


My almost two year old grandson was in the house for less than five minutes Sunday when he found five balls in a bowl that was sitting at his height and picked one up. We didn't see him launch it, but we heard when it crashed to the floor. 
The only problem was that it wasn't really a ball.

A couple of months ago Faith, Hope and Love caught my eye and for the first time in my life I bought baubles? I'm not sure what to call them.

Faith was broken. 
His momma was apologetic and quickly gathered the scattered pieces. She started fitting them together and excitedly discovered "all the pieces are here!" I told her to put them in the bowl (she'd already moved it out of reach) and I'd glue them together later.



This afternoon I got the super glue
and piece by piece, 
reconstructed Faith















As I worked I thought about how there are times in my life when it feels like my faith is broken, scattered, rather than whole. And about how satisfying it is to take all of the pieces, lay them at Jesus' feet and allow him to put it all together.


Times that have tested my faith, things I have survived and the scars they left behind bear witness to the grace and mercy and love of God and His powerful work in me. I'm not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but because of Jesus I am whole.

Comments

Popular Posts