God is good, but some days are hard 238/366

Psalm 73:28
"But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
    and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do."


God is good
God loves me
God provides all that I need (and more)

He is my joy
He is my peace
He is my comfort
He is my provider
He is my protector
He is the love of my life 
and that's only a partial list

still, grief lingers and sometimes comes out in full force 
and life gets messy
and some days are hard 

that doesn't mean I don't believe
that my faith is weak
that I doubt any of the truths
or that they are less true when I don't feel them
what it does mean is that I am alive and growing
that my heart is vulnerable, not calloused or hardened
and it is open to continue loving, even knowing it can lead to hurting

I know God is good, always and all ways
I know God loves me with everlasting love 
I know God provides what I need, when I need it, in His own way and timing

Comments

Popular Posts