worth the wait

the sun played peek-a-boo this afternoon
and it was hard to catch it in a photo
the longer the afternoon went,
the more temperatures warmed
and the outdoors provided a feast for the senses 

I stood 
quiet, 
listening,
and heard snow swish as it slid from limbs 
and drops plop as they landed on the snow covered ground

the smell,
fresh in a way spring isn't,
was refreshing
invigorating
rewarding

when the sun shyly broke through the clouds
the branches glistened
and it was a beautiful sight to behold
even when the sun ducked behind cloud cover
there was an unmistakable majesty all around
I looked up through the branches of the tree in front of me
trying to frame the sun
and noticed I could watch the ice melt
drip
drip
drip
drop, 
caught
my patience and countless pictures 
paid off 
it's the simple things that bring me joy

today I was reminded of the power of stopping
for if I had rushed,
or even simply walked rather than standing still,
I would have missed this
I was also reminded that worthwhile things are worth waiting for

Comments

Popular Posts