wrecked today










we got a layer of ice Wednesday night/early Thursday morning
it covered the white pine in my backyard and it lost a couple of limbs
it covered the grass which crunched when I walked on it this afternoon 
it covered my car which I didn't even try to thaw out
it had an impact on other trees and power lines
and, indirectly,
it caused me to be wrecked 



not because I was outside walking or driving,
to the contrary,
I was sitting, warm and cozy under a soft fluffy blanket in my recliner, 
at my more than comfortable house,
all afternoon

I watched 3 movies one of my adopted sons gave me years ago
during one of our conversations he'd asked me if I'd seen "The Color Purple"
I replied "no"
he got a copy for me and included two other movies on the disc
life got in the way
the DVD got shuffled around 
and I forgot about it
until last night
it wasn't safe to get out today so I decided to watch the whole DVD

my heart got wrecked
and I pray with renewed fervor for eyes to see, 
ears to hear, 
and courage to act 
when I am able to make a difference toward all lives being valued equally


I am very thankful for the people I've met who are different from me,
who didn't judge me because of my age or gender,
who didn't hold the color of my skin against me,
but rather, allowed me to become part of their family
I am a richer woman because they are part of my life

My goal is to love and live like Jesus. Skin pigmentation, race, nationality, gender, age, social status, economic standing, political views, sexual preference, none of that or any other manmade criteria adds or decreases the value of life in God's eyes. 
He sent His only Son to die for any and everyone who will believe and follow Him. That is evidence enough for me of the value He places on life. All lives.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him." John 3:16-17

"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:40

"A new commandment I give you, that you love one another:just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

"May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore *welcome one another as Christ has *welcomed you, for the glory of God." Romans 15:5-7 
*the NASB (1995) uses the words *accept/accepted

Comments

Popular Posts