when silence reigns


Silence
reigns here this evening. 

Well, it is as silent as a house with electricity, appliances and a working heat unit can be from the inside, and as silent as a house that has two dogs in the backyard and sits parallel to the main traffic thoroughfare can be from the outside.

And this silence is loud. 

Loud with missing the people that once filled my home with chatter, moments of intense discussion, laughter, tears, games, movies, questions, answers, dance offs, music, cooking, eating, cleaning, breathing...

It's a night when memories echo and singleness taunts. 

And yet, my heart can smile, even in the middle of sadness and a tinge of loneliness. Why? Because I am loved. Fully, completely, lavishly by God. His Spirit lives inside of me which means I am never completely alone. Turning my thoughts to those truths makes me smile from the inside out.

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts