one cent worth?


I was cleaning today,
silently bemoaning the fact that some people are just plain lazy.

I spent almost two hours doing a job that normally only takes an hour.
I was in the last room and heard a coin being sucked into the vacuum cleaner. 
It was a penny.
One cent.

I have a dear friend for whom pennies hold a lot of power,
and because of the significance of that "small coin" to her,
I have learned to think of God every time I see one.

I was reminded of why I agreed to do this job in the first place.
It is a way for me to serve.

I try to remember to
"do everything as unto the Lord and not unto man"

because He is the One I answer to.

When I was looking for clip art, a picture came up and
the words written across the top of it jumped out at me-
Find a penny. 

Read the words.
"In God we trust."

One cent's worth of a reminder is worth a lot!

Comments

Popular Posts