Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in a corner of a roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman."
That is the verse that caught my attention yesterday.
I turned to the concordance:
contention=strife
Pat on the back, I do not like or cause strife.
I try to avoid in the same way I avoid snakes.
contentious=quarrelsome
Another "good job, self" -I am not quarrelsome.
Quarrels are bothersome and petty.
content=satisfied
Gotcha. Convicted. Ouch.
I realize that while I may not seek or cause strife and quarrels because they don't honor God, I am not always satisfied and I have no reason not to be.
Either I let the truth that I am loved without measure by God satisfy me and overflow into all of my relationships or I continue to chase illusions.
I choose to live knowing that I am loved by God.
When I embrace that truth
I find this to be true:
He is more than enough for me.

Comments

Popular Posts