Abe


"For You formed my inward parts;
    You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are Your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in Your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16
This is the first picture of my newest grandson, Abe.
It was taken September 26, 2016.
I fell in love with him even before I saw him.
In just a few days he will join us.
It is both frightening and exhilarating to think about.
The process of leaving the womb to enter this world is never easy.
It is not without danger.
But the risks and pain are far outweighed by the joy and promise.
We are excited to welcome our newest family member.
To hold him close.
To sit and rock him.
To sing "Jesus loves me" into his sweet little ear.
To count his fingers and toes.
To nuzzle his neck.
To begin to tell him all about His Creator.
To watch him smile as the angels whisper to him.

If he or his sweet mama and papa come to your mind anytime this next week or so, whisper a prayer on their behalf. We'd sure appreciate it as he makes his way into our arms.

Comments

Popular Posts