generation to generation

"...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deuteronomy 6:4-7

When we began our family Bill and I took those words to heart. We tried to make sure our children understood that God is not found only "in church". He is everywhere. My children are now adults with children of their own. But my job is not over. I need to share my faith and the things God has done in my life with my grandchildren too. They need to know He is more than someone we read about in a book. He is living and active and interested in our lives today.

“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children..." Deuteronomy 4:9


Abe
my newest grandson
is one week old today
there has been much growth and change 
in the short six days he has been here with us
I pray we teach him well and that one day he chooses faith in Jesus
Hannah
my oldest granddaughter
will soon be seventeen years old
there has been so much growth and change
in the short 16 years 8 months she has been here with us
I pray she continues to grow in her faith

I am thankful for parents that are teaching my grandchildren about Jesus.
I am thankful for those who have chosen to follow Jesus.
I am blessed to be the matriarch of this crew.

Comments

Popular Posts