Winter Storm Stella and life thoughts

I am not a news watcher.
Bill was an avid one.
I depended on him to keep me updated on what I needed to know.
Translation: now I am often oblivious.
Today as I was checking Grayson weather on weather.com
I noticed a story about Winter Storm Stella.
(which I had no idea was a thing)
(I know, I know, I need to get connected)
Here are some thoughts about storms and life that resulted:

I am pretty certain these two had far different levels of appreciation:


Nan, a 21 year old polar bear at Brookfield Zoo is enjoying the wintery weather that finally arrived in Chicago.
(Jim Schultz/Chicago Zoological Society)
A homeless man bundled up in blankets sleeps in a doorway in Midtown Manhattan during a snowstorm in New York City March 14, 2017. 
Winter storm Stella...(Eric Baradat/AFP/Getty Images)

obviously navigating was vastly different for these two groups:

People struggling to walk in the blowing snow during a winter storm Tuesday March 14, 2017 in Boston.
(AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)
Two ponies went for a snowy stroll in Staten Island, N.Y. after breaking out of their enclosure during Winter Storm Stella on Tuesday March 14, 2017. NYPD got them home safely. (Nicole Antonelli/Facebook)
routine can be thrown out of wack:

A subway station that services an above ground train is closed in the Bronx Borough March 14, 2017...(Don Emmert/AFP/Getty Images)


and that extra layer of protection may not work:

A woman's umbrella is flipped inside out by the wind during a winter storm in Philadelphia, Tuesday, March 14, 2017. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke) 

some people seem oblivious to what is going on:

Minnesota United fans brave the cold and snow to cheer for their team during the first half of an MLS soccer game against Atlanta United, Sunday March 12, 2017, in Minneapolis, Minnesota
(Elizabeth Flores/Star Tribune via AP)

it is easier to appreciate the beauty after the storm is over:

Snow blankets Central Park, N.Y. where Winter Storm Stella dumped several inches on Tuesday March 14, 2017. (@oceans50/Instagram)

or from the safety of the indoors with a warm drink close at hand

Chicago, IL sees Winter Storm Stella's impact....March 13, 2017. (@360chiviews/Instagram)

all this to say:
don't judge
facing the same storm 
does not equal 
feeling the same effects

Comments

Popular Posts