Lion of Judah

...behold,
the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David,
has conquered...

I am not an art connoisseur

I have never purchased a piece of art
until this

the artist?
Cody Sabol
the same young man who gifted me with this portrait of Bill on 2/14/15

I am not a "wild life" advocate
and while they are beautiful creatures, 
I am not a lion collector

so what motivated me to purchase a painting of a lion?

1. watching Cody paint one with his hands on stage at KCU
2. the verse from this passage he associated with it 
"weep no more, because the Lion of Judah has overcome (conquered)"

Revelation 5:1-5
"Then I saw in the right hand of Him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, 'Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?' And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. And one of the elders said to me, 'Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that He can open the scroll and its seven seals.'

the Lion of Judah-Jesus
the Lamb of God-Jesus
Hope, Encouragement, Love, Light, Life

here, on earth,               
I will weep, more,
it is guaranteed

but because of Jesus,
when I place these flowers at Bill's grave
I will not weep as those who have no hope...

and, 
one day,
I will weep no more 

Comments

Popular Posts