OOPS! (on steroids)

have you ever had an "oops" filled day?
today was a banner one for me

I forgot to bring the trash down from my bedroom
so I had to back upstairs to get it 
I was going out of town and like to take all the trash out before I leave

I made iced coffee to take with me
put it in a disposable insulated cup
and left it on the counter 

thankfully I remembered after my trip to the bank
which was a very good thing,
because when I picked it up I saw that I had NOT taken to trash outside!

My plan was to be on the road by 9:30
I left Grayson at 11
and after I was on the interstate realized I forgot to get gas 

by this time I was frazzled
and thinking about how Bill would have done a lot of those things for me
"they are new responsibilities for me" is my excuse

when I was within 15 minutes of my destination
I heard Siri tell me to get off at exit 29...
but did not hear 29A and got off at 29B

oops-6 (at least)   Donnette-0

I wanted Chik-fil-a for lunch 
once I got to the correct exit
and passed it...

oops-7     Donnette-0

so I went to Walmart 
and headed to the deli for their General Tso's 
it makes a great , quick meal

before I got my chicken I made a pit stop
and initially could not figure out why there was a man in my bathroom
there was no cleaning cart outside the door

in a split second
which seemed much, much, longer
it registered that he was leaning on the wall in front of a urinal

I am not sure who was more shocked-
him or me, 
but I am sure I have never pivoted and back tracked so fast in my life

oops-a bajillion   Donnette-negative numbers 

shhh, don't tell my kids-
they still think I am an adult,
perfectly capable of taking care of myself and going out alone 😅

Comments

Popular Posts