change

change-
I know and accept that it is part of living
we are all changing,
every single day
reaching and growing toward full life or death

I want to be a good steward of opportunities to live a full life
so for years I have prided myself on being flexible,
not necessarily physically,
but definitely mentally and emotionally-
able to "roll with the punches"
ready to try new things
not afraid of "different"
confidently walking, even when I could not see
eager for whatever comes next

slowly, age and injury have taken their toll on this frame of mine
physical flexibility definitely became more dream than reality
my mental and emotional bravado has faltered
and change began to be more bothersome, 
sometimes even menacing 

several years ago a friend invited me to join her in a new discipline
"pray and ask God for a "word" for the new year, 
then hold on and see what He does" were her instructions
I prayed and waited
listened and watched

trust
love
hope
joy
peace
those are words I have in recent years had impressed on my heart
ones I have seen Him plant and grow into reality in my life

I have been praying for this year's word
and what He keeps impressing on me is "change" 
I sense this is not to be the normal day to day definition
I think it is something far bigger than that
and it stirs my soul

excitedly
fearfully
hesitantly
expectantly
boldly trusting
I choose to embrace it
and sit in wonder about what 2019 holds

Comments

  1. Carole read a book called "If" by Mark Batterson. She told me I needed to read it also. I just finished. If you haven't read it, I think you ewoul enjoy it. Change certainly will be a big part of my life for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have read it...I will look it up. Thank you for the recommendation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts