mail got me smh

I checked the porch for a package I was expecting before I began my walk this afternoon. It wasn't there so I checked my mailbox as I passed it. Found the parcel there. I thought about how good I hoped my new slippers would feel on my feet when I got home. 



I don't know about you, but I always sort the mail before I open it, saving the "fun" stuff for last. I had 4 envelopes and the package, so of course the package was aside as a reward for making it through the other mail. I flipped through and there was no handwriting so I knew the order wouldn't matter today. It would be a quick run through.

Envelope 1 was bonus Southwest Airlines coupons for Kyle.
Envelope 2 was a credit card offer for Ruth.
Envelope 3 was addressed to Donnette Bondurant or current resident. (you know that had to be special)
Envelope 4 stalled my progress. It was addressed to Bill. Some days, especially Fridays, those things get to me a little more easily. I began ripping it up, unopened, when I noticed what was written in bold print:


I seriously considered opening the envelope, taping the inside papers back together and responding with 
"No longer at this address." 
P.S. and where he is now, he doesn't need anything you are offering

How sweet it is and how thankful I am for the promise of heaven.
How comforting it is to know that is where Bill is.
I am resting, full of joy, knowing Jesus is preparing a place there for me too.

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." "John 14:1-6

Comments

Popular Posts