experienced cook, floundering in the kitchen


from my experience, cooking for one is harder than cooking for 2
or 8 
or 20 
or 30 
or more 
part of it is I just don't have much motivation to cook for myself
and there is only so much you can cook and "freeze the leftovers"

oatmeal or grits are breakfast staples
I eat Progresso soup with crackers and cheese cubes on the side
tortilla wraps if I stop at Weavers for lunch meat and cheese
salad if I haven't let the spinach go too long
hard boiled eggs, if I thought to cook some
yogurt with granola
fast food probably once a week 
meals at KCU's cafeteria are an option when school is in session
and more Progresso soup-I keep a variety in stock
when I do cook I haven't yet gotten the proportions for "one" right
so I eat a lot of the same thing several days in a row...

this week's menu:
Spring Semester begins tomorrow at KCU
and I cooked ham, potatoes, green beans & onion for lunch
I enjoyed it today and probably will tomorrow
after that I may simply be eating it because I don't want to waste food
there is enough for at least three more days, ugh 
I may end up giving myself permission to toss the last of it

Comments

Popular Posts