from dread to desire



today I was surprised by my thoughts 
I wanted, no, needed to go walk
even though it was cold
even though it was gray
I had to lace up my boots, 
zip up my winter coat,
slip on my warm mittens,
pull on my ear warmers and step out the door
as I took my first few steps the truth of what has transpired hit me



determined discipline can transform dread to desire

for the last week and a half,
regardless of how I felt,
I have walked a mile or so
nothing had changed today,
except my attitude

this afternoon my mind is reeling...
I am sifting through other things I know I need to do, 
but haven't-
things that might get finished and bring satisfaction
if I simply apply that same principle to them
cutting down on sugar
adding more fresh fruit and vegetables to my diet
working toward finishing curriculum I began several years ago
sewing quilts I have fabric and batting for
using the paint I bought to paint door trim, it's been two years
and that's just the beginning...

Comments

  1. I know the feeling. Carole always threatened to attack my office to organize it. I really need to do that, but just haven't gotten the desire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts