37/366 an I Exam


If I cared enough to do the math I could tell you the exact hour and minute it happened. I am not interested enough to go to that extreme. Just knowing that Wednesday February 5th was day 36/366 and Thursday February 6th is day 37/366 of 2020 is enough to tell us that more than one tenth of this year is spent. 

Wasn't New Years just a few days ago? At this speed it will be time to mow the grass tomorrow. Our soccer season will begin next week. And Christmas will be next month. My goal for this year is to end it with a clearer vision of who God is and who I am in Him. Today I feel the need to do an "I exam"*.

Am I consistently:
  • looking for opportunities to attain that goal?  
  • reading my Bible for instruction? 
  • listening as well as talking when I pray? 
  • asking the Spirit to teach, correct, rebuke, train, discipline, have His way in me?
  • making the most of every opportunity to share what I am learning?
It's so easy to coast. To allow one day to slide into the next. I don't want to wake up and wonder "how did it get to be April...June...October...or December 2020" and not have any changes toward clearer vision. Time is the one thing we cannot generate more of. Once it's gone, it is gone. There are nine tenths of this year left. I want to spend it, and the rest of my days, pursuing this:

"...I (Paul)... having heard of (your) faith in the Lord Jesus...and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, (praying) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. From Ephesians 1:15-23 

*(I know it's cheesy, but I couldn't resist - an "I" exam to determine if I am doing what I am able to do to have clearer vision.)

Comments

  1. The other day I listened to a message on prayer. The speaker said that he prayed aloud. I've never done that until this morning. I always try to vision God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit and me sitting around a table when I do my prayer time. It was neat speaking out loud this morning. I too have the objective of trusting and listening more this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you sharing this. I am going to have to try a planned, (not out of desperation) out loud praying session.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it was good. Made me feel like I was just having a nice talk with all present.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts