Joy is a choice 48/366

"What brings you joy?"
It's a question a friend asked on her Facebook page this evening.
I'd love to have you share your response with me.
Joy and happiness are interchangeable in many vocabularies.
For me they are very different

definitions according to Donnette:

Happiness is a state of well being caused, fueled, influenced by pleasant events, situations, circumstances, people.

Happiness comes from the outside in.

Joy is a state of well being that is present in spite of, and is not destroyed or diminished by unpleasant, difficult, heartbreaking events, situations, circumstances or people.
Joy comes from the inside out.

What brings me joy?
(this is not an exhaustive list)

  • healthy relationships 
  • (my relationship with God foremost; if that's out of whack, ain't nothin' right)
  • Sunrises and Sunsets
  • growing and maturing in Christ
  • rainbows
  • a job well done
  • thunderstorms
  • sun beams breaking through clouds
  • persevering under trial
  • knowing I can trust God-His faithfulness is never ending
  • seeing someone believe they are loved
  • hearing belly laughter
  • cleansing tears
  • visits with family and friends
  • seeing eyes light up when an "aha" moment occurs
  • knowing I am loved and accepted

joy is not something I can have on my own power-it is a work of God in me

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;..." Galatians 5:22-23

my greatest joy?
"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." 3 John 4

"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:19

what feeds my joy?
"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty." Jeremiah 15:16

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full." John 15:10:11

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

Comments

Popular Posts