G2 memories of Bill 54/366



The G2 
Bill's favorite pen
I haven't thought about that for a long time
today one of "my" boys" posted about his G2 running out of ink
and I wept
not because his pen needed a refill
but because of his response to my comment that the G2 was Bill's favorite pen:

"Donnette Bondurant the only pen! Funny you mention Bill. As I was underlining and marking my book, it occurred to me that some of my bookmarking methods, I adopted from my time with him. Forever grateful for his (and your) influence in my life as a young Christ-follower!"

I sent a text and asked him if I could use his response
I received an immediate reply, "yes"
followed by another text with additional tear inducing words-
not because there was anything unkind said,
just the opposite-
there were more words affirming that Bill's faith and his willingness to share it
still influences people's lives today

it is a huge reminder, a challenge really,
to be aware that what we do here and now 
lives on long after we are gone, 
good or bad
so I want to make wise choices

"And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead."
from Hebrews 11:4
Disclaimer: I disagree with these two men, Godly as they are. The G2 is not the best and only pen worth using. It writes too "fat"and it bleeds through some paper. This is the perfect pen. 

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts