thankful for this gift 52/366


Yesterday was packed with activities that keep me busy and fill my days, ordinary things that make me feel good about life and the choices I am making. Things that bring contentment.

As I walked from the parking lot to the gym at KCU for futsal (indoor soccer practice) last night after 9 I thought to myself "it has been an exceptionally great day." 

Today was a repeat. I can't remember the last time I had that thought. Good days, yes. Great moments, events or hours, yes, but not a full day, let alone two of them in a row! 

I feel like my old, younger self often felt. Not care free, but not burdened in any way. The weird thing is, I have no explaination for it, other than these two days have been a gift. A gift I am going to enjoy and treasure. A gift that will keep on giving because I will store it in my memory bank to draw encouragement from on days that take more than they give. 

"Rejoice always, 
pray continually, 
give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Comments

Popular Posts