breaking tradition 324/366

 I know we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet,
and the tradition is to wait until the Saturday after Thanksgiving to put up our tree.
But when I realized that we bought a live tree when we began that tradition
and because I practice giving thanks every day of the year,
today I quit fighting the urge that's been pestering me since November 1.
lights are on the windowsills

the tree is up and decorated (and it may stay lit until I take it down)

this nativity is on the mantle where it's been displayed every year since 1989

other nativities are scattered throughout the house
wreaths are ready to be hung after Thanksgiving
the yard nativity is painted and ready to be displayed the day the wreaths go up

it's never too early to celebrate light, life and the birth that changed everything

Comments

Popular Posts