G-2's and other staples 310/366

after breakfast and time with Jesus 
I went out earlier than normal to clean the church building,
I was minding my own business,
thinking about what the rest of the day might hold
and was stopped in my tracks, 
tears brought on by a pen on the pew in the vestibule
the G2 was a staple for Bill,
something he wouldn't be caught without-
a red, a blue and a couple of black in his pocket


almost finished with my work,
I found another staple,
literally-

we had the pews reupholstered this summer
the first time I cleaned afterward I mentally scolded the guys who'd done the work
because I found several staples when I swept
my problem?
I keep finding them
and each time I do I become more convicted by how quick I am to make assumptions
and entertain negative thoughts
"they really should have been more careful"
"they really should have taken their time and cleaned up better"


but, what does this picture say about me?
I am the one who has cleaned numerous times after they did-
and I keep finding them...
I need to take those negative thoughts captive
and practice kind and grace filled thoughts:
"I can't imagine how many staples they had to deal with!"
"I'm glad I wasn't responsible for the initial cleanup, they did a great job!"

this song was a staple at church when my kids were little:

Oh be careful little eyes what you see,
oh be careful little eyes what you see,
for the Father up above 
is looking down in love,
so be careful little eyes what you see

Oh be careful little ears what you hear...

Oh be careful little mouth what you say..

today I added a new stanza:

Oh be careful little mind how you judge
Oh be careful little mind how you judge
for with the measure that you measure
it will be measured unto you,
so be careful little mind how you judge

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts