carded and complimented 326/366

I was at Walmart a few days ago. There is not a single thing I needed but when Anita called and said "Tiff and I are on our way to town to pick you up if you want to go to Walmart with us", I went! I grabbed a disposable mask on my way out the door. My intent was to just hang out with them, but that never happens in Walmart. There always seems to be something I need and this evening was no exception.

I've been making a new bread recipe and I anticipate continuing to bake it on a regualr basis. I normally have everything on hand to make bread from scratch. I am short on flour so I picked up a bag. This new recipe calls for an ingredient that's foreign to my grocery list. It comes in a six pack. 

In the last two weeks I have made five loaves of beer bread. Tonight I remembered I am down to my last can of beer so I went down "that" aisle and picked up a six pack to have on hand. The cashier asked for my ID. Since I wasn't driving, I didn't take my license with me.  Neither did Anita and TIffany was still shopping. Miss Ellen, who looked to be in her mid to late 60's, was kind and sweet and apologetic. She explained that Walmart is a stickler about carding people. I told her I understood and was thankful she was doing her job. She specifically mentioned the age of 40 as being a magical number and that to her, I looked like I was close to that age. That compliment will carry me for a long time since 40 was a lifetime ago. She definitely would have benefited big time tonight if she'd had a tip jar at her register!


Beer Bread Recipe thank you Roni Thomas!

Bake at 375 60-70 minutes (mine has been baking in 50-60 minutes)

3 cups flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 !/2 teaspoons salt
12 ounce beer

sift or stir dry ingredients together
add beer and stir-batter will be thick
bake in a bread pan 

Comments

Popular Posts