the first snow... 335/366




the first snow of the season fills me with wonder and delight
and it's snowing in Grayson this evening
the quiet hush that comes at dark makes it extra special
and the reflection of the flakes glittering in the street lights
make a night snowfall a thing of rest and beauty and calm

normally



but the magic isn't working today
in its place I feel out of sorts, 
like my emotional and mental undies are twisted in a huge knot
and if my thoughts and attitude and heart were visible
I would resemble Scrooge or the Grinch

so I think it's time to disengage from social media for the day

make a cup of tea
turn off the lights in the house
peer out the window
focus on the snow dancing 
and try to capture the essence and beauty of a new season being gently ushered in


Comments

Popular Posts