Cades Cove and a day of unusual sights 319/366

There is a place near Gatlinburg called Cades Cove. The reports I heard about the beauty of the area, the wildlife we might see and the little churches and homesteads along the trail were more than enough motivation for me to be one of the five of our group who were up and out of the condo before 8 to head that way.

Mountains.

We were rewarded with a flock of wild turkey. Several small groups of deer. 
(sorry, no pics.)

I did catch one of the photographers unaware and snapped a picture.

Flowing water.

My first black bear sighting was a momma on the hill to our right.
Some of us spent the afternoon on the main strip of Gatlinburg on a scavenger hunt. We saw some wild two legged life while we were there.

But what I understand to be one of the rarest sights I've been told I will ever see came after dinner tonight at the condo. Denny Allen washed dishes.

Comments

Popular Posts