old dog masters new trick

 

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
I distinctly remember how difficult it was to go to the County Clerk's office and purchase the new sticker for my license plate in 2015. Not because it is a  demanding job or in a place that is hard to get to, but because it is is one of the many jobs Bill took care of. I cried that first year. I was embarrassed, especially because I didn't know I needed anything other than the bill that came in the mail and my checkbook. Thankfully the woman taking care of me has known our family for years. Bill coached her son. There was no need to explain to her why my eyes were leaking and she took care of the paperwork I was missing.
2016 was hard, but not as hard.
Each year since has been a little easier to take care of business.
This year I even remembered all of the documents I am supposed to take! 
Proof you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes us a little longer to learn. 

Comments

Popular Posts