our first kiss

I had the privilege of hanging out with two of my favorite guys for a few hours this afternoon. Benjamin got home from school about a minute after I arrived and greeted me with a huge hug and kiss. Ezekiel was napping. Ben and I hung out, sharing the couch, Nintendo switch time, watching YOUTube videos and chatting while Zeke slept. It was a rare occurrence and so much fun to have time alone with Benjamin. Zeke woke up almost to the second of when his momma expected him to. I was not sure what my reception would be when I went in to pick him up because that happening is even more rare than alone time with any of my grandchildren. I was greeted with a smile and rewarded with a few minutes of snuggle time before he was off running and playing.


Benjamin had a ballgame and I had groceries to buy so not long after Jonathan, Jess and Addi arrived home I had to leave. I got my normal big hug, kiss and I love you from Benjamin. Zeke is a daddy's boy. To be acknowledged at all while daddy is in the room is a good thing. After I told Benjamin "I love you", Zeke approached me and held out his arms for a hug. I melted. I leaned over and hugged him tight, whispering "I love you" in his ear. Then he leaned in, and I received my first kiss initiated by him, maybe even the first one ever. He's a little stingy with them, reserving them for his daddy and momma.

A kiss from someone you love is always something special, a first kiss from someone you love who doesn't hand them out like candy is on a whole other level. Tonight my heart is filled to overflowing.



Comments

Popular Posts