Canadian for a day

Today I turned my calendar from July to August.
A day late?
Nope, I was celebrating the Sabbath and resting from such work  yesterday.

Do you see what is written at the bottom of the shaded block, which just happens to be today? Civic Holiday (Canada). I googled it and decided that today I am identifying as Canadian. And since I am pretending, I am going full board and working for one of those companies that recognize and celebrate Civic Day. If you need me I'll be on the back porch with my pups, just chilling and reading. (I'll be reading as I chill, they will simply be sprawled on the concrete napping.)

In 2021 Civic Holiday is on Monday, August 2. The Civic Holiday is celebrated on the first Monday of August and it's a public holiday in some provinces and territories. The civic holiday is not a statutory holiday although it's a day off for many employees across the country.


Comments

Popular Posts