authentic

 from dictionary.com: authentic-not false or copied; genuine; real

"Be fearlessly authentic"
I am not always fearless
but I do try to be authentic
it isn't easy 
but it is how I strive to live and to write

I don't always communicate the depth or range of my experiences,
that's too much sometimes,
but I attempt to portray an honest representation 
of my feelings
my wrestling
my questions
my resolve
my struggles
my victories

because doing anything less is harder 
more confusing
more exhausting
and because I know I cannot possibly be the "only one"
and no one else should have to feel like they are the "only one"
and if my authenticity eases the load someone else carries,
or helps them find peace of mind
and draws them closer to God who is the source of all things good,
it's worth the vulnerability

Comments

Popular Posts