children and grandchildren

there's something about seeing my babies
look at and care for and love their babies
that takes me back to they when they were newborns and I was holding them,
nervously,
protectively,
then holding their hands as toddlers
and teaching them how to spread their wings
one milestone after another
so that,
when it was time,
they could fly
it also makes me wonder:
is the look I see in their eyes,
a look of love and hope and promise
the same one God our Father has when He looks at His children?



                                                                        from 1 John 3:1 
"See how very much our Father loves us, for He calls us His children, and that is what we are! ..."

from Proverbs 17:6
"Children’s children are a crown to the aged..."

Comments

Popular Posts