a few of my favorite things

We moved to Grayson in 1988. I remember being amazed that first Thanksgiving when I saw a nativity on the entrance roof at the Commercial Bank main branch. It is beautiful. Our City Park, the one across the street from my home, has also boasted a beautiful nativity every year. Tonight I noticed a third one in front of a newer business. 

I am so thankful to live in this little city. 

Am I saying it is a perfect place, that everyone who lives here loves Jesus? Nope. This isn't heaven. I am saying it is a place where the nativity isn't banned from public places, and that gives me hope. Hope that maybe someone will see and if they don't know what those figures mean, they will ask someone who does know. 

And maybe, just maybe, I'll gain a new sibling this season...





Comments

Popular Posts