wait for it...

 


"Wait"
all day it has resonated in my mind
"WAit"
"WAIt"
"WAIT"
to be honest,
I am real tired of hearing it

and tonight I am wondering,
why I have focused on "wait" 
and not the call to "rest"
which has been just as constant
just as persistent
but largely ignored
what a fool I have been

Monday at the lake I heard it loudly
I recognized it fully
I felt it deeply
I rejoiced in it
I responded and welcomed the call
to wait and rest, 
simultaneously

one without the other isn't working out so well for me
so tonight,
after fighting it hard today
I am choosing to stop
to recall
to refocus
to remember 

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me,
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and i shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23

John 10 
 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." 14-18 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.  Selah (translated, rest)
Psalm 46:10-11

   

Comments

Popular Posts